Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Conversation of the Week

Just finishing up our second official week of school! Everything has gone well so far...we are starting slowly. Naturally, Little Miss First Grader decided she "hated math" by day three. I'm glad that I overplanned because having everything ready to go has made each day flow a little smoother. There are still countless interruptions--like Charlie learning how to crawl--but at least I know what we need to do next.

It was "B" week for the preschoolers, and accordingly, our memory verse for the week is Matthew 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.

This led to my favorite conversation of the week which took place upon my introducing the verse to Maddie and Henry.

Maddie: What's peacemaker?

Me: Someone who doesn't argue or cause fights...knows how to share.

Henry: Maddie, I'M gonna be the peacemaker.

Maddie: No, Henry! I wanna be the peacemaker!

Henry: ME!

Maddie: (screaming) Nooooooo! Meeeeee!

Henry crying.


...I have my work cut out for me!

2 comments: